January 7, 2010

Microsoft Ajax and Jquery

Microsoft Ajax framework is the best choice for me when I build quick web applications, particularly for intranets. But for public web sites, especially when you want to make the site super fast, then the MS Ajax is not the wisest choice. Recently, I decide to use Jquery instead of MS Ajax for one of my personal web sites. And the website shows a significant performance improvement.

Following is the outcome of my research on the response time and the downloaded data size by using MS Ajax and Jquery. By using Jquery I was able to reduce the size by 50% of the downloaded data. Have a look at the following screen captures. I used Firefox’s firebug for the analysis.

Response with Microsoft Ajax

msajax_response1

Response with Jquery

jquery_response1

Please visit for more reference - http://docs.jquery.com/Ajax

Hope this helps!

www.twitter.com/ludmal – Follow me on twitter for quick updates on technology, life and much more

Post a comment

No comments: